Sunday, September 30, 2012

Spring is in the Air!

What a gorgeous day it was today. I do hope you are all enjoying your long weekend for the Queen's Birthday. We went to visit our daughter and her family in the country for our Grandson's birthday. The kids had a lot of fun and I managed to catch one of the moments today precisely. The kids decided to fill balloons with water and throw them at each other. They then decided to use a cricket bat to try to hit the balloons. Clay didn't manage to hit the balloon but the balloon managed to hit him, right in the head. My camera caught it in action. We laughed so much, including Clay. 

Well one month of Spring is at the end already and we are gradually heading into warmer weather. We have had some cold nights recently but the days are lovely. I am quite happy with this kind of weather. I am not looking forward to summer.

I promised to post some of my cards from previous workshops and now I have managed to find time to do so. It is almost 11pm and we have just arrived home from the country but I really need to do this post so here goes.

The first one was made from the Morning Mocha Specialty DSP which unfortunately is discontinued. I loved this paper and I know many of you did also. I used the Framelit Labels Collection Dies with Brushed Silver and Basic Black and cut them in half and used both ends of the card. The ribbon is also discontinued. All you need to do is cut very close to the edge of both sides of the ribbon and then pull the cotton to fray the ribbon. You can then use the pieces that you have pulled off to wrap around your button. I think I have heard this called Emu Feathers. (or something like that) I used the Fun flowers Die to cut out my flowers and sponged Basic Black ink around the edges after popping them through the Perfect Polka Dots embossing folder. Its quite a quick and easy card.



 
I love this next one. We received the Clockworks stamp set at Perth Heartfelt Event. There are many possibilities for this stamp set. I have used Not Quite Navy, Kraft and Very Vanilla cardstock. The inks I used were Basic Grey, Midnight Muse and Kraft. I also used my Scoreboard to score the lines and then go over them lightly with a dauber using Kraft ink. I distressed the edges of the circles and around the edge of the card. I would have used Midnight Muse cardstock but I didnt have enough for the workshop but I think it came together nicely. This card was inspired by Carolyn King. Check out her blog as she is one very talented lady.

Well thats about it for me for now. I mentioned in an earlier post that I was working on a project. I am about to post that one, possibly tonight. Enjoy the weather!
Thanks for popping by :)

No comments:

Post a Comment