Sunday, September 30, 2012

Christmas Wreath

Hello everyone. I promised a project post. This project was inspired by Carolyn King when she did a demo at the Perth Heartfelt Event 2012. I came home and wanted to get into it but we had to go away that night after the event. I managed to have a whole weekend to myself some weeks later and this is what I came up with. I really was going to make one the same as Carolyn's but then thought I wanted to do something a bit different. A wreath came to mind and I was going to use the gorgeous new Tulle but then thought that would be too floppy. I decided to make my own bow. First of all I used some of the card which is at the back of the DSP. I drew a circle and then made the pattern for the wreath. Using a blade I carefully cut the shape out.  I then covered it with Be Of Good Cheer DSP and then used the sanding blocks to neaten it up. I cut out a post it note to make the shape to sponge around the wreath. I then hand drew the bow and placed DSP over it and sanded the edges and again using a post it note to sponge around to finish it off.
You will need the Petal Card Double punch to make your little boxes. You will need two cut outs to make one box leaving the top open. Carolyn used Brads to close her boxes but I have used Bakers Twin (Cherry Cobbler). I wont be putting anything in the boxes as I just want to use the wreath as an ornament. I have used the 25 & Counting Stamp Set for my images on the boxes. I used my 1" square punch to cut out the Silver Glimmer Paper. To get the right shape of my images I just used one of them that has a square shape and cut around it and used it as a template. (hope that makes sense). It was very easy. I have taped them to the wreath with the Sticky Red Tape.

I had a lot of fun making my wreath, especially as I had the weekend to myself and I watched a few movies at the same time.



We had a lovely day at Ngaire's yesterday with a get together of more than 20 fellow SU stampers.  We all made each others swaps and we took home over 20 cards each. I was very impressed with the quality of the cards we made. We have some very clever ladies to share our ideas with. This was my swap which was inspired by Ngaire Anderson at the Heartfelt Event.  I used Be Of Good Cheer DSP. I love this paper and have had to order another pack as it is so bright and colourful. I also used the Two Tags Die and the lovely stamp set we received from the Heartfelt Event, Heart of Christmas. I gave it a little shine with some Dazzling Diamonds and finished it off with a bow made from the Bakers Twine. I do hope you like my projects and I am sorry to say but I am off to bed. Its been a long day as we travelled 3 hours today to visit our Grandson for his 14th birthday and then travelled the 3 hours back home again. So its goodnight from me and I hope to come back soon. Thanks for popping by :)

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jenny, I absolutely love your wreath. It looks fantastic. Cheers, Carolyn

    ReplyDelete