Monday, September 10, 2012

Two Posts In One Day!

I promised myself that I would post on my blog today. Well here I am. I really do mean to get on here more often but time just slips away. I am sure you all can understand that.

We have had some lovely weather for the beginning of Spring. All I want to do is get into my craft room but I am feeling I should be outside enjoying the lovely weather. For the past few days I have been alone as Peter has been on the farm with our daughter, Michelle. This gave me some ME time. I have been card making my little heart out. I have a new project that I am hoping to finish shortly but am waiting for my SU! order to arrive before I can finish it. I will post it ASAP. I hope to have it finished by this weekend. I was inspired by Carolyn King's work at the Heartfelt Event in Perth in August.

The card I have chosen to post today is using the Coloured Soot Stamping technique. This technique is shown on Splitcoast Stampers by Beate. If you wish to see step by step then click on Beate's name above.
For this card I have used the following:-
Cardstock - Basic Black, Soft Suede, Glossy, Brushed Gold
Stamp Set - French Foliage, Loving Thoughts
Inks - More Mustard, Basic Black
Accessories - Basic Black Grosgrain Ribbon, Brayer, Candle, Fixative Workable Mat Spray (permanent protection).
First of all you will need to use the Brayer with More Mustard and go over the glossy cardstock until you get a nice deep colour. I tend to make the card a little longer than you will need to enable you to handle the end without destroying what you are about to do. The next step is to hold the inked side of the glossy card over a candle until it touches and becomes black. Be careful not to stay around the edges too long as they will catch on fire. You dont need to make it too black as it gives a nice look if the gold look (More Mustard) is showing a little. You will then need to get out which ever stamp set you wish to use and without inking up just press on the black soot on the glossy card. You will immediately see your image. Repeat this to finish your piece and then spray the Fixative Spray over it to protect the surface. You may be able to find a glossy spray which will look even nicer. I have used a Mat finish but would probably prefer it to be more glossier. While you are waiting for your glossy piece to dry you will need to put your card together.
Well I am off to do some more of my project while I watch the X-Factor. Terrible isn't it.
Thanks for popping by:)


No comments:

Post a Comment