Sunday, September 6, 2009

Spring Catalogue Swap



Our monthly swap this month was using anything from the Spring Mini Catalogue. This is the card I came up with. Christmas is coming by so quickly and it is never too early to start making our Christmas cards.
I have used for this card:

Stamp Set: Great Friend, Best Yet (hostess gift level 1)
Stamp Pads: Black Staz On, Old Olive,
Cardstock: Real Red, Whisper White
Accessories: Sponge dauber, Stamp-a-ma-jig, Real Red Marker & Grosgrain ribbon, Crystal Effects, 2-Way Glue, Dazzling Diamonds Glitter, Dimensionals.

For the wreath I traced the shape onto Whisper White cardstock so that I had an idea of where I was going to stamp with the stem from Great Friend. I worked my way around stamping twice before re-inking to give light and dark. I then coloured the little berries with my Real Red marker and then went over them with Crystal Effects. Using my 2-Way Glue I added glitter to the leaves. To take away the stark white I sponged Old Olive around the edge of the card.
I hope this gives you another idea for Christmas. Very easy card without really having to have Christmas stamps except for the sentiment. A little bit of advice for you. If you are thinking of using Christmas colours this year for your cards it might pay you to order your cardstock early as last year SU ran out of them.
Bye for now and thanks for popping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment