Thursday, March 29, 2012

Mocha Morning Specialty

I am sure that is what a lot of you would like first thing in the morning, a Mocha.  Well this is not quite what I was talking about. This DSP is simply gorgeous and there is so much you can do with it. I have had it sitting in my craft room and have not done anything with it. I tend to do that and I am sure I am not alone when I say that. How many of you buy craft items and dont use them for ages. I read somewhere recently that one of the Stampin' Up! ladies has a little box under her table for new and unused items. She will not put them away in the cupboard until she has used them. What a good idea! Anyway here are a few ideas I came up with this week.
 I had to make a 21st birthday card and this is what I came up with. I have used the following:-
Cardstock - Basic Black, Crumb Cake
DSP - Mocha Morning Specialty
Stamp Set - Outlined Occasions (Sale-a-bration), Calendar Alphabet & Numbers
Stamp Pad - Versamark
Accessories - Gold Embossing Powder, Heat Gun, Basic Black Marker, Basic Black Grosgrain Ribbon, 1/2" & 3/4" circle punches.
The DSP has like a velvet texture and is very pleasing to the eye. The number stamps are the only ones I have so I had to think of a way to accentuate the 21 with it being so small. I was pleased how it turned out. Hope you like it.

 The next one is very similar except that I have used the Polka Dot Folder instead of the ribbon.  I have also used the Dotted Scallop Ribbon Border punch and cut it in half so that I could use it for top and bottom. For the celebrate sentiment I have used the Basic Black Marker to colour in between the embossed areas. I was quite happy with this one as well.

The next one you could use it for a lady or a gentleman except I would take the ribbon off for the latter. This one is also using the Mocha Morning Specialty DSP. I have used Perfect Pennants Bigz Dies for this one. I did try threading the ribbon through the holes but I didn't like it so just did the bow instead. I have used Happiest Birthday Wishes for the sentiment and the Scallop Circle and 1 3/8" Circle Punch. I have also embossed Early Espresso with White Embossing Powder for the sentiment. As you can see I have used the Dotted Scallop Ribbon Border Punch for this one as well. This DSP is only available this year in the Idea Book & Catalogue so if you would like to purchase it you will need to order it by September as it will be gone forever. I know its a long way off but a lot of people have missed out on some lovely DSP and I am unable to get it for them now. Even if you dont wish to use it in the near future. You can alway hoard it along with all the other craft items you have bought. LOL!
Thanks for popping by :)

No comments:

Post a Comment