Thursday, March 29, 2012

Is it April already! Well almost!

Well here I am at long last. These past few months have had their ups and downs. I am glad to say I am gradually winding my way back to normality. We have had sickness in the family and I am glad to say that all is well again. I have also had our grandson every weekend from boarding school and I have learnt a lot in that time helping him with his homework. I am quite enjoying it. Last night I photographed all my cards I want to post on my blog ready for tonight. I came home tonight to find my computer playing up and it was saying "logging off". Must have been doing that all day. I waited and waited and waited and then I realised I had just received my new Stampin' Up! Impressions.  I just love to make myself a cuppa and sit and relax and read my new impressions. What did I do? Yes I fell asleep. Oh well back to check on the computer and it is still "logging off"   Anyway luckily for me I have a new Iphone and I quickly did a search on how to rectify the problem (after a few hours of waiting) and there it was. Within a few seconds my computer was back to normal. Technology!
Anyway here I am and I had better make it worthwhile after being out of sorts for so long.  First of all Sale-a-bration is about to close and there are only two more days to order so you had better get in quick if you would like to receive a free stamp set, papers or ribbon and brads.
The new mini is just around the corner and I must say this is definately the best one we have had in a long while. My wish list is the biggest its been for a mini. At last Stampin' Up! are bringing a scoreboard to Australia but only in the mini so you had better save your pennies up if you would like one. Hopefully it will come out in the new Catalogue in September.  We just never know.
Well I had best start off with a few cards from a few workshops ago so that my ladies who have bought card kits are able to see what they are making.
First of all is the cute little handbag that is just big enough to fit in a chocolate for that special person.

 This cute little handbag was one of the swaps from Perth Regionals last year. I am not sure who's swap it was as I was not fortunate enough to have swapped with this lady so thank you to whoever it was. I took photos of Susan Joyce's swap and measured it up on the day.  Its so cute and so easy to make. Please see the template to the left. You can make it whatever size you like.  I have used Paisley Petals DSP and Bravo Burgandy cardstock.
For the buckle I have used the Round Tab punch.



The next card is using the technique Resist Embossing. For this card I have used the following:-
Cardstock - Crumb Cake, Very Vanilla
Stamp Pads - Versamark, Basic Black,
Stamp Set - Upsy Daisy
DSP - retired but can use First Edition Specialty
Accessories - Embossing Buddy, Clear Embossing Powder, Heat Gun, Brayer, Stamp-a-ma-jig, Dauber, Black Marker, Spritzer, Pumpkin Pie ribbon.
First of all you will need to cut out your DSP and use your Embossing Buddy to gently wipe over so that you dont get the static. Ink up your stamp with Versamark and stamp onto your DSP. Using a heat gun set your embossing powder and then using your brayer go over and over with Basic Black ink until you have darkened the DSP.  Using a tissue wipe gently, polishing the Embossed areas. The rest is pretty obvious.  I have used dimensionals to raise the DSP (on very vanilla). This idea was not mine either and I know I have it somewhere on my computer of where I cased it from. As soon as I find it I will come back and let you know who it was. Thank you to whoever it was. The ladies at my workshop loved it.


The last card for that workshop is a masculine one. A very easy one I must say. For this one I have used the following:-
Cardstock - Not Quite Navy (one of my favourites), More Mustard.
Stamp Pad - Not Quite Navy, More Mustard
Stamp Set - Happiest Birthday Wishes (hostess gift)
DSP - Well Worn
Accessories - Big Shot, Designer Frames Folder, Stripes Folder, Corner Rounder, More Mustard Grosgrain Ribbon, Scissors to distress cardstock, Daubers. 
This card is pretty self explanatory just by looking at it. I used the dauber to go around all of the edges to give it a bit of definition as well as distressing. A very simple card that does not take a lot of time if you need a card in a hurry.

Well thats it for this post.  I will close this one off and start another.  I need to catch up on what I have missed out on. Thanks for popping by :)

No comments:

Post a Comment