Thursday, March 29, 2012

March Workshop

My little group of ladies is growing. Its nice to see everyone having fun and hearing the laughter. This week I think I made them too simple as they were finished in no time. I had a busy weekend as I had a workshop on Saturday, Monday and then off to Ngaires on the Tuesday night for our Stamparoos get together.  One of our lovely ladies, Lynda Winfield has flown the coup and moved to Melbourne. She will begin her Stampin' Up! journey over there once she has set herself up. We will miss her dearly but we will be able to catch up with her at Conventions. It does not make it seem like its forever then. She is such a talented lady and I will miss seeing all of her lovely creations and of course at Stamp Camps.
Back to my workshop. These are the projects my lovely ladies made this time.
The idea from this one came from Convention last year in Melbourne. Here it is here.  Sometimes you just need to create ideas by looking at another card and taking it from there. I liked the way the crimper was used and how we dragged our stamp pad over the corrugation to give it the rustic look. This was how I built the idea for the Happy Birthday one below. I love the butterfly in this card and we used markers to colour it. We also used the Dotted Ribbon Border Punch just a little under the image.  Below you can see the card I created from the idea I got from Convention.                                               
For this one I have used the following: -                      Cardstock - Confetti White, Pear Pizzaz, Early Espresso    Stamp Set - Best Dad Ever                                Stamp Pad - Marina Mist, Pear Pizzaz, Early Espresso Accessories - Early Espresso Marker, Early Espresso Grosgrain Ribbon, Crimper                                                    First of all I cut a piece of Confetti White 6 x 8cm. I inked up my stamp with Pear Pizzaz and then rock and rolled with Marina Mist. (To rock and roll you need to gently roll your stamp around the edges onto your ink pad to give your image an extra colour or shade) I then went around the edges of the stamp very gently with Early Espresso. This is to highlight the edges and then I  huffed to moisten the stamp and stamped it onto the Confetti White Cardstock. I ran my Pear Pizzaz cardstock 9.5 x 14.5cm 3/4 way through the crimper and then went over the crimped area with my stamp pad giving it a rustic look. I tied my ribbon in a knot to accentuate the ties knots. I love the colours used in this card.
I just love this next one as I love the nautical image of The Open Sea.  This stamp set unfortunately will disappear once the Summer Mini Catalogue finishes on 31st March. I have heard it wont be appearing in the new catalogue but one can only wish.  This one is also a very simple one and very effective using the following products :-                      Cardstock - Soft Suede, Whisper White, Pool Party          Stamp Pad - Pool Party, Soft Suede                                         Stamp Set - The Open Sea 
Accessories - Stamp-a-ma-jig, Dauber                                        I love simple and effective cards dont you?   This idea brought me to another idea. We had to do a swap with 1 layer only.  There were some lovely ideas and it is amazing what you can create with just one layer. Here is mine using The Open Sea.  I scored a piece of Whisper White cardstock at 3 & 9cms from the top of the card. I then masked the outside area and stamped my image onto the cardstock. I used the Scallop circle punch to create the clouds by sponging.  I used a dauber for the water and Teeny Tiny Sentiments for the sentiment. A very crisp and clean card.  I seem to have been doing a lot of masculine cards lately which is odd as I tend to have trouble trying to think of ideas for the men. I will come back later and show you the other lovely cards I received in the swap. There were only 9 of us this time so a lovely little bunch sharing stories and saying our farewell to Lynda.                              




For my next card I had prepared a bit more this time as I knew there would be some ladies who would not want to get their fingers all inked up. I decided since it is almost Easter that we would use the Happy Easter Stamp Set from the Summer Mini Catalogue.   I used Watercolour Paper and a Blender Pen with various coloured Markers. For the background we used shaving cream and re-inkers. First of all you place some shaving cream onto an old plate or some kind of surface and flatten it out a bit.  I used Baja Breeze and Pacific Point re-inkers and placed a few drops over the top of the shaving cream.  I then used a skewer to swirl the ink around (not too much) to make a pattern. I used Glossy Cardstock and placed this glossy side down onto the shaving cream and lifted it and wiped straight away with a paper towel.  You need to wipe it off straight away or you will be left with unwanted streaks.  It is such a WOW project and the kids would love this one. It can get a bit messy though but it all comes off in the wash.      

The last ones I would like to show you are what we did at one of my workshops recently. My hostess wanted a card for her dads birthday and this is the one I chose. I was already working with the Best Dad Ever stamp set so this is another sequence of masculine cards. These two cards are exactly the same only the first one I used only Basic Black and Very Vanilla cardstock.  I used the First Edition Specialty DSP from the main catalogue and clear embossed the image onto the DSP. I then used my brayer to cover it in black ink and used a tissue to rub off the excess ink from the embossed areas. I spritzed over the card so that it wasnt too bare.
The other card uses Marina Mist Ink Pad and Well Worn DSP.  I used the same technique with the resist embossing and Basic Black Ink.  Quite a stunning stamp set. 
Well I guess that is it for me tonight. I have an early start in the morning so I must get my rest. I was awake until 2am this mornng. For some reason I was unable to sleep.  I know..... these are the times you get up and create. I had to work this morning so I was unable to do that, normally I would. 
Well its bye for now and I hope I made it up to you for being away for so long. Cherio for now and thanks for popping by :)

No comments:

Post a Comment