Monday, August 29, 2011

Stamparoos 2011 Stamp Camp at Swanleigh

Well here I am again and the stamp camp is all over. I left straight from work and headed to Swanleigh.  We all met between 5-6pm at the Hamilton house and found our bedrooms and made our beds and then headed up to the Dining room for dinner. Its always lovely to catch up with old friends and meeting the newbies from Stampin' Up! There were 22 of us this year. Quite a considerable drop from last year but it was very relaxing and enjoyable. We were able to do our Shoebox Swaps at leisure.  Some of the ladies left earlier than others to hit the sack.

The few laggers left the library (where we held our stamping etc) at around 12.40am including myself. I was not tired at all and could have gone on longer. I ended up getting to bed at about 1.45am. I hardly slept as I was worried I might sleep in as breakfast was to be held at 7.30am in the dining room. After breakfast we went back to the library to carry on our Shoebox Swaps.  Morning tea came around at 10.30 then lunch at 12noon.














We then came back to the library and Skip did her presentation. Skip's card is shown here using the new Creative Element Stamp set which is in the new catalogue. I love this set and it has to be my favourite from the catalogue.  I love the way Skip has used the set and colouring. We also learnt how to use the Scallop Die so that we had a nice little scalloped edge at the bottom of the card. Thanks Skip!




It was my turn next and I used Love Letter and made a Slider card. My ladies from my monthly workshops at home made this card last week. I just love the DSP Love Letter but unfortunately it is disappearing at the end of August so if you like this one too you will have to be quick to order it before time is up. 








Sue Joyce showed us how to make a little gift box from the Mini Milk Carton Die.  We all found it very easy to make and a good workshop WOW! I can see I am going to have to order this die.  Thanks to you as well Sue for your presentation. We all finished our cards etc just in time for dinner. I went home before dinner so that I could take my hubby out for his birthday. We ended up going to the local tavern where they always have delicious food and then headed off to Hillarys to San Churros where I introduced Peter to Churros. I had a lovely hot chocolate and we shared 6 Churros.  Whoa! Too many as I began to feel ill after leaving the shop. I ended up on the couch once we got home as I really did not feel well. I have been so looking forward to visiting San Churros since it opened over a year ago.  I dont think I will be visiting again real soon. Anyway I really enjoyed the Stamp Camp. Next year I WILL stay two nights.
Next is Perth Regionals which we all look forward to each year. I missed last year as Peter and I were away in Qld travelling. I leave you with a lovely photo of our gorgeous Ngaire who organised the stamp camp and some of the cards we made at the camp.
See you again soon and thanks for popping by:)

1 comment:

  1. I Had a great time at stamp camp too - many thanks Jenny for your great slider card demo - has always been on my list of things to try - but looked too difficult - easy peasy now I've been shown how!!!
    Thanks also for being me roomie this year - I hope I didn't keep you up with my cold. catch you at regionals!! ;)

    ReplyDelete