Monday, August 8, 2011

Sense of Time

Hello fellow stampers,

I am enjoying my RDO today and it is going way too fast. Its been sunny with a few showers. I just love the showers. Its so cosy! I am going to miss winter when it goes but I guess we have quite a bit more of the wintry season to go yet.
I have been trying to catch up on birthday cards etc today.  I was using a temporary glue tape and found that once I had finished my project that I had not quite taken all the glue off and of course the ink does not stay where the glue has been. You are probably wondering why I would be using temp glue on the side I am showing. Well the otherside did not work out so I turned it over and forgot that I had the glue on there. Mmm! I thought then that I would have a play with it and see what I could come up with. You can see by the scrap piece at how accurate it is when you take the tape off. I thought then I would cut out an oval shape with my Ovals Dies and place this over my card. I then taped over the oval shape onto the card beneath. When I pulled the oval shape off it gave a shabby look. I quite liked it. I had the Sense of Time stamp set on my desk and decided to use that one and this is what I came up with. I have used Not Quite Navy, Cajun Craze, More Mustard and Very Vanilla cardstock. Stamp pads I have used are Not Quite Navy, Cajun Craze and More Mustard. I used a dauber to apply my ink. I have also used the Square Lattice folder on the Not Quite Navy cardstock. I am thinking now that I should have cut out the clock instead of leaving the cardstock in a rectangle shape. Oh well!  If you are one for not too many layers of card when making your projects you could run the tape around the edge of your card. This would  give the effect of another layer of cardstock to your project.

   







You will find below the Box Card that we made at Ngaires for my folded card night. I know that some of you were not able to attend and I have posted out the instructions but to see it would be a help also.


I had to make a thank you card and found this idea in Cardmaking, Stamping & Scrapbooking magazine. I have used Love Letter DSP for the flower. Using my Scallop Circle Punch to punch out five pieces. I then scrunched them up and unfolded then held them together with an old button I found in my tin. I also used the Two Step Bird Punch for my leaves. I have used a retired stamp set, Stem Silhouettes (one of my favourites) for the background.

Remember that this is the last month for purchasing products from the Goodbye list.  This will be the last time that you see these items up for sale. Unfortunately the stamp set I have used today, Sense Of Time is also leaving us. Please dont hesitate to let me know if you wish to purchase any products. I wouldnt want you to miss out on that favourite stamp set you have had on your wish list.
Well I am off to have a cuppa now so will catch you next time.
Thanks for popping by:)

No comments:

Post a Comment