Sunday, July 26, 2009

Brayer Workshop

Hi there once again! I hope you have all enjoyed the beautiful weather we have had over the weekend here in Perth. What a beautiful day it was on Saturday and we spent it inside with our Brayer workshop. This workshop proved to be a bit of a challenge for the ladies. One thing to remember is not to take too much notice of how it looks until the end. We started off with Glossy White cardstock so that everyone had a chance to test out the brayer and then moved onto Very Vanilla cardstock. It was nice to see the different results achieved at the end of the workshop.

OCEAN COMMOTION
For this card I used:-

Stamp Set - Ocean Commotion
Cardstock - Brocade Blue, Old Olive, Glossy White
Stamp Pads - Bashful Blue, Brocade Blue, Taken with Teal, Certainly Celery, Staz On Black
Accessories - Circle Punches, Mellow Moss Taffeta ribbon, Post it notes

First of all I punched out circles using post it notes and placed them randomly onto Glossy White cardstock. I then brayered over the top using Bashful Blue. I took the circles off and then stamped the fish using Brocade Blue onto lower part of card. I also stamped the fish onto a piece of scrap paper and cut out and used as a mask so that I was able to re-stamp just above the original fish with Taken with Teal. I stamped some seaweed with Certainly Celery and the wording from Garden Whimsy in black Staz On.

SUNSET WITH UPSY DAISY
Our second card was the challenging one. For this one you will need -
Stamp Set - Upsy Daisy, Linen (discontinued)
Cardstock - More Mustard, Very Vanilla, Basic Black
Stamp Pad - Pumpkin Pie, Tangerine Tango, Ruby Red, Basic Black
Accessories - Basic Black Grosgrain, Sponge Dauber

The sunset was done by using the punched out post it note with 1 1/4" punch to make the moon shape. We brayered over the whole piece of Very Vanilla with Pumpkin Pie. On the top and bottom of card we brayered Tangerine Tango and Ruby Red, finishing off with Basic Black by sponging with a Sponge Dauber. I lightly sponged over the moon with More Mustard. Using two pieces of Basic Black ribbon to make the bow in the top right corner. Attach stamped image onto Basic Black card. I used the Linen Stamp with Versamark on the front of the card before attaching the stamped image, then stamping my wording on the bottom.
With lots of fun and laughter our workshop was finished and the results were great.
I promise the next workshop to be a lot easier ladies.
Take care, happy stamping and thanks for popping in.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Jenny. Nice work. The cards turned out beautiful and I'm sure the ladies all loved the end results. I always find brayering very tricky so good on you for teaching it!

    ReplyDelete