Friday, September 30, 2011

Party This Way

Hello fellow stampers once again!
Its my grandson's birthday today and he is now 13 years old.  Time flies dosen't it!  I wont be seeing him today and he asked me to keep his card here until he arrives tomorrow from the country so I sat up until 2.30am this morning making his card. Lucky he didn't want it earlier.  This card was made using retired products but I thought I would post it anyway as the idea is there. I wanted a nice bright card and was waiting for my Big Top Birthday DSP to arrive but it hasn't arrived yet hence the discontinued DSP. 
For this card I have used the following products:-
Stamp Set: Party This Way
Cardstock: Real Red, Daffodil Yellow, Very Vanilla (1 balloon)
Inkpads: Tempting Turquoise, Real Red, Versamark
Accessories: Hoppy Memories Simply Scrappin DSP,
Real Red 1/4" Grosgrain Ribbon, Real Red Marker,
B'Day Party Rub Ons
I have made this into a slider card. I will put the instructions up soon so keep watching if you have not already made a slider card. Can you tell where I got my inspiration for the colours. If you check down a bit further you will see our Make & Takes from Perth Regionals last weekend. The colours are so bright, its enough to cheer anyone up.






I was having a little play with the Flirtatious DSP and saw a card make on Andrea Walfords 12 weeks of Christmas and decided to use a similar approach to this card. Its very simple and did not take any time at all.
The following was used:Stamp Set: Heard From The Heart
Cardstock: Pumpkin Pie, Whisper White
Ink Pad: Pumpkin Pie
DSP: Flirtatious
Accessories: Big Shot, Square Lattice Folder,
Champagne Mist Shimmer Paint diluted in rubbing alcohol,
Whisper White 5/8" Organza ribbon.
Its amazing what a difference it makes when you put your DSP through the Big Shot with a folder. It depends if you want the sharp clean image or not.
I best be on my way as I have some shopping to do for tomorrows birthday party.
Thanks for popping by:)

No comments:

Post a Comment