Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Where has the time gone?

Hello fellow stampers,
It has been over a month since I last posted on my blog. I cant believe how the time has flown. I know I always say that but it seems I need to quit work to enable the time to flow slower. Will this work? Who knows! Anyway what a busy month I have had.
But before I go on to tell you about my busy month I have a wonderful special to tell you about. If you have been thinking of having your very own workshop then now is the time. Why? Well because if you host your own workshop and you manage sales of $450 and above you get an EXTRA $70 to spend on anything in the catalogue. This can really boost up your rewards and get some of those products struck off your Wish List. Please contact me ASAP as your workshop needs to be before the end of June.
Of course we had our 2011 SU Convention in Melbourne which was a blast. A whole three days this year and I enjoyed every moment. There is never a dull moment when attending the Convention. The demonstrators & presenters are all so talented and keep us entertained right from the beginning to the very end. I learnt so much as I have in the past two that I have been able to attend. New ideas, new sneak peeks which I am unable to say anything about. We have been sworn to secrecy so you will have to wait a bit longer I'm afraid. Melbourne put on its chilly weather for us with our first full day there being the coldest May day in 70 years. I was so lucky I had my big black coat that my lovely workmates had given me a few years ago for my birthday. I just love my coat. We went out for dinner on the Dinner Tram which was excellent. The food was great and the time went so quickly. I have to say though I did not see much of the scenery due to talking and eating. It was dark outside though so we managed to see street names so that we could look it up on the map when we arrived home just to see where we had been. Its amazing when you dont know where you are and you come back to look at the map to see that you had been in an entirely different direction than you thought. On the coldest day one of my SU friend and I went for a ride on the Shuttle Bus to see the sights while the other ladies did their own thing. Ngaire and a group were lucky enough to travel to the Dandenongs and saw snow. How wonderful that would have been. I saw snow for the first and last time about 12 years ago. The photos looked like wonderland. How gorgeous!
Anyway we had a great time and no doubt everyone was tired on their return home. I know I was and could not get over it for about a week. When I arrived home of course I spent all day in my craft room running off CD's for my fellow Stamperoos of the Convention etc. I had to work the next four days but was so tired that on the Friday I asked to go home early at 1pm. I came home and went straight to bed. I went out that night to a play with a work colleague and actually fell asleep a few times during the play. How embarressing! I drove my friend home and then came home myself not really focusing on the driving and then fell in to bed again on arrival. An hour later my hubby rang on his way home from work to say his car had broken down so I had to go out at midnight to tow him home. Gosh does it ever end. Well I am pleased to say I am feeling much better now.
Now to our workshop last weekend. I had two workshops due to some of the ladies not able to attend the Saturday one so I split them up. We had a lovely couple of days and it was nice to be able to have the small groups to concentrate on not so many. The ladies from the other groups were missed though as they are so use to catching up with each other and have a good old natter.
Here are the projects we made. The first one was a swap from the lovely talented Lynda Winfield. I actually used the one I made at swaps so thanks Lynda:) This card was made using the following:
Cardstock- Pink Pirouette, Soft Suede
Stamp Set - Strength & Hope ($2 of each set ordered goes to the Breast Cancer Research Foundation)
Ink Pad - Pretty in Pink, Versamark
Accessories - White Embossing Pwd, Brads, Dauber, Heat Gun.
The next project was also a swap that Ngaire Anderson had made only she used Elegant Soirree' but I used Love Letter DSP.
To make this card I used-
Cardstock - Basic Black, Riding Hood Red, Whisper White
Stamp Set - For You Flower (from Autumn - Winter Mini catalogue)
Ink Pad- Soft Suede for sponging, Riding Hood Red
Accessories - Basic Black Marker, Black Grosgrain ribbon, 5 petal punch, 1 3/8" Circle Punch, 1 1/4" Circle Punch, Love Letter DSP, Big Shot, Square Lattice Folder.
The last card I saw at the Convention in Melbourne and was made by one of the demonstrators and for the life of me I cannot remember which one made it. So sorry whoever that may be. Anyway at first when I saw this one being made I didnt like it but when I saw the finished product I thought it was lovely. Here it is using -
Cardstock - Soft Suede, Crumb Cake, Baja Breeze
Stamp Set - Vintage Vogue
Ink Pads - Chocolate Chip, Wild Wasabi, Cherry Cobbler
DSP - Elegant Soiree
Accessories - 1 3/4" Circle Punch, Blocks, Spritzer, Choc Chip Marker, Pearls, Shimmer Mist mixed with rubbing alcohol.
Well I best get back to work on my up and coming workshop projects.
Hope you are all enjoying this glorious weather and thanks for popping by :)

No comments:

Post a Comment