Thursday, April 21, 2011

Happy Easter!

What? Easter already! But we just had Christmas. How scary is that? Time flies so quickly and it seems to go quicker each year. We are almost half way through the year. I have to admit I have not done much for Easter this year because as some of you know already we have been doing a few renovations at home. We have lifted all the carpet from the main areas, lifted the tiles and then our son has tiled throughout. It looks lovely now but you should have seen it while it was in progress. Should I say progress, well perhaps that is not the right word for it. There was dust at least 2mm thick through the house. I have never seen so much dust. Our son told us before he started that there would not be must dust. Well I wont be taking his word for it anymore. Even the cat noticed when she walked on our Jarrah benchtop how thick the dust was. Anyway it was all worth it as it looks great now. They are so lovely to walk on and the tiles are not even cold. I know! Its not winter yet but I thought with the cool nights we have been having that the tiles would be cold to walk on. I love them. I am so glad we have got rid of the carpet. See what you think. And now to some of the cards I have made recently. Of course I had to make some Easter Cards for the family. I found the idea of the little chicken from Laura Lipes website. Thanks Laura for the great idea. Laura had used the 2 step bird punch and cut the tail shorter. (although you cant see the tail on my chick as it is coming out of the shell. The wings were made using the Scallop Oval Punch. As you can see I have used the Top Note Die which makes a nice frame for the picture. I used the scallop circle punch to sponge the clouds. The grass is made with the Inspired By Nature stamp set and the sentiment was made using the Teeny Tiny Sentiments. This is a very easy card to make so give it a go. (if you have time!)

This card was made for a friends daughter who has had a little baby girl.
I have used:- Polka Dot embossing folder, Punch Bunch stamp set(retired), Congrats stamp set (retired), Whisper White & Pink Pirouette cardstock, Whisper White ribbon, SU Pearls and the Eyelet Border Punch. A very simple and sweet card.






This card was made for a wedding I was unable to attend. For this card I have used:- Basic Black, Whisper White & Sahara Sand Cardstock, Bliss stamp set (from retired Mini but who knows it could be in the next Idea Book & Catalogue), Always stamp set, Curly Cute stamp set, Tiny Tags stamp set, Jewellery Tag Medium Punch, Versamark, White & Silver Embossing Powder, Silver Brad. I quite like it. I hope you do too.

1 comment:

  1. The tiles look fabulous Jenny. Love the little chicken card.

    ReplyDelete