Sunday, March 6, 2011

It's The Thought!

Hi Everyone! I have just received my new stamp set 'Its the Thought' and have had a little play. Originally I was not impulsed to choose this set but decided that it could be quite useful. I am actually becoming quite partial to this set. I have only made two cards so far but my mind has a few more ideas. The first one I will be using for Ngaire's monthly swap. We are always looking for simple cards for our workshops and quick cards to make for friends and family and this is one of them. You see this set is actually a hostess set from the Summer Mini Catalogue. You could earn this set for free just by having your own workshop. For this card I have kept to the Brights collection as our monthly swap is themed as Brights Collection.

Items used:
Cardstock - Pumpkin Pie, Real Red, Old Olive, Whisper White
Stamp Set- Its The Thought
Stamp Pad - Old Olive
SU! Markers - Old Olive, Real Red, Pumpkin Pie
Accessories - Paper Piercer, Crystal Effects, Polka Dots Embossing Folder, Scallop Edge Punch, Stamp-a-ma-jig.
You can see I have painted his toenails Pumpkin Pie as the sentiment says 'Enjoy the Journey' and to me that means go all out and paint your toenails.

The wedding card is made from the same set of stamps. Using the same idea, I have used Shimmer Paint to stamp my images onto Whisper White cardstock and then giving the middle image some added detail. I used an Aqua Painter dipped into the Shimmer Paint to give the shaded look to the image. I have also used up some scrap ribbon that someone had given to me as part of a wrapped gift. I am sure you all save scraps to use in your projects. You need not have to use the Brushed Silver cardstock as you could always just place some silver ribbon along the edge of the Whisper White.

For this card I have used the following:-
Cardstock - Basic Black, Whisper White, Brushed Silver
Stamp Set - Its The Thought
SU! Marker - Real Red
Accessories - Aqua Painter, Stamp-a-ma-jig, Elegant Lines Embossing Folder, scrap ribbon

Really there are not a lot of supplies you need for this card. This is why I am growing to love this set as you could imagine how many different ideas you could come up with. Even just one little image in the corner of your card would look lovely. You may not have to purchase any of these item if you have your own workshop as you may qualify for all of them free.
Well I am off now to organise myself as I have the family coming over for a BBQ tonight. Its not often we can manage to all be here at the same time. Yes! and the weather will be just perfect today. A bit cooler than it has been. Hooray!!
Thanks for popping by :)

No comments:

Post a Comment